Tuesday, February 21, 2006

… Fluid Beings…



Their weighing machine gave erroneous results, that’s why I qualified as a blood donor today. One metallic bit into the skin, one repressed scream, one giggle from a student, and the fluid of life started flowing out of me, into something plastic.

Donating blood.
Detonating millions of thoughts… as fluid as blood itself.

I remember writing longish tales in 4th grade: “The autobiography of a dollar bill”, “Autobiography of a pen” and silly, sequential autobiographies of other inanimate objects. It would be interesting to write the autobiography of a drop of blood, minus the “unhealthy” aspects.
.
.
.

Half a liter of my blood.
Recipient of my hormones, my emotions, moments, illnesses, food I burnt, gulped, relished… into the veins of another being? Into their fluid, their emotions, their moments, their food?
Sounds sick and intrusive, invasive almost.

But it’s the fluid of life; it will return consciousness to someone, somewhere. No need for noble consolations about it, I am thinking along other lines.
.
.
.

We are, organically, fluid. The rest is dust, if not dirt.

A good seventy percent (give or take a few) of earth and human body is fluid, yet we boast the inflexible form of matter. One fluid purifies you, another fluid contaminates.

.

.


It is He Who has created man from water: then has He established relationships of lineage and marriage: for thy Lord has power (over all things).

Quran: 025.054

Fluid, all the way.
Human creation, procreation.

I am wondering how to wrap this writing up. But I don’t really need to do that. Respecting the subject of this writing, fluids don’t have boundaries. They flow into alwaysness, eternally…

7 comments:

Chrysalis said...

lol, you make me wish you donated that half a litre to me! :D Is (/isnt) that freaky?

Talha Masood said...

ragoon main dornai phirnai kai hum nahin qail
jo ankh hi sai na tapka to lahoo kia hai!!!

[:)]

Barooq said...

Don't do this to Ghalib Talha :(

As far as this post is concerned, the author knows my sentiments :D

Madnas said...

For Jacynth:

Freaky as it sounds, that has to be the greatest compliment ever!


For Talha Masood:

Wah wah!


For the Variation dude:

Stop commenting on the comments of others.
And, no she doesn't. What are you blessed "sentiments"?

Madnas said...

Errata:

What are youR blessed "sentiments"?

Barooq said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I dont recommend giving it away just like that to people u dont know,but this reminds me of an old cure for insanity.They use to let blood flow from people so that they become less active and dangerous...i hope it serves the purpose...